Founded in 2003, ECO Singapore aims to challenge youth of age 17-35 to adopt a sustainable lifestyle and embrace environmental issues holistically. ECO Singapore actively drives and supports local and global environmental initiatives involving other environmental stakeholders. The organisation is run and managed mainly by volunteers in five departments: Forum Planning, International Affairs, Marketing and Communications, Publications and Research, and Volunteer Management and Development.
To be the leading environmental body advocating sustainable lifestyle for youth.
- To challenge youth of age 17-35 to adopt a sustainable lifestyle and embrace environmental issues holistically.
- To drive local and global environmental initiatives.
- To support environmental activities/initiatives as a resource platform involving other environmental stakeholders.
Our Activities and Projects
- Enrich! – education programme
- Express! – quarterly publication
- EcoHouse – model of sustainable housing
- Eco Shop – sale of environmentally friendly products
- Eco Packaging Movement – team-up with food sellers to use environmentally friendly packaging
- National Youth Environment Forum – youth-led dialogue
- DunkIt! – National Day Parade clean-up
- UN Commission on Sustainable Development – participant
- Asia Youth Environmental Network – secretariat
- Asia-Europe Foundation – country representative
Address: 87 Beach Road, Chye Sing Building #06-01, Singapore 189695
Fax: 6336 0959
Note: This article and image are provided by ECO Singapore.