CALLING ALL YOUNG ENVIRONMENTAL ACTIVISTS FROM INDONESIA, SINGAPORE & MALAYSIA
Greenpeace South East Asia are seeking its next generation of leaders…future caretakers and activists for the Earth!
Could this be ‘YOU’?
Are you ready for the opportunity of a life time? To make a positive change for our environment? To stand up and make a real difference in an effort to protect our planet?
Become part of the ‘GREENPEACE UNIVERSITY’ Program, and not only achieve all of the above, but learn the skills and gain the experience to become an environmental activist of the future.
Commencing 14th June 2010, this exciting, first of its kind program in South East Asia consists of a 6.5 week direct learning program, delivered through systematic and guided training as well as relevant and ‘real’ hands-on practical experience. The course program is free of charge.
Participants will be ‘submerged’ into the world of Greenpeace. Here they will gain high level exposure to all major facets of our operation as well as essential training in skills such as basic campaign training, project management and research techniques. Based on this themed training, participants will be given the opportunity to apply their knowledge in a fully supervised, practical manner through a series of stimulating, real and relevant challenges and campaign placements.
Students successfully completing the program will be awarded a certificate of achievement upon completion.
To be eligible for this exciting program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Ability to speak, read and write in English language;
- Between 18 – 25 years of age;
- Committed and passionate towards saving the environment;
- Energetic, enthusiastic and willing to work hard, to learn and to be constantly challenged;
- Self confident, proactive and results orientated;
- Team player, with a ‘can do’ attitude;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Able to fully commit to 6.5 week, full-time program (approx. 38 hours per week) on a volunteer basis*
Eligible candidates who wish to apply should forward their resume (2 pages), an application cover letter explaining why they wish to become the new voice of our planet and join Greenpeace University, as well as a 500 word essay (in English), addressing one of the following topics:
- Should economic development come at the expense of our environment?
- What is civil society’s role in environmental protection?
- Many businesses now say they are ‘green’. Many communities now have ‘green’ initiatives. Is this enough to protect our environment for future generations?
Applicants should send their application to:
Indonesian Applications: email@example.com
Singapore Applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Malaysian Applications: email@example.com
Become an environmental activist of the future and join Greenpeace University!
* Note: Financially disadvantaged applicants may apply to the program on a partial scholarship basis in which a modest stipend towards transport and accommodation may be awarded to the successful applicant/s. Interested applicants may request a Greenpeace University ‘Partial Scholarship’ Application Form by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. All scholarship applications should be submitted together with the general program application for the selection panels consideration.
Applications close 16th April 2010
For more information, feel free to visit our Greenpeace University website at: